Mary of Nazareth, mother of Jesus. Mother’s Day lesson plan.
Prepared By: @susana
After this class children will have learned about Mary, the mother of Jesus, and her mission on Earth and now in the Spiritual Realm.
- Cardstock paper
- Printouts of for all students or 1 copy to be shared by all
- Glue, scissor, and colored paper
- Stickers, paper crafts decoration
Opening prayer and short round kids tell about their week
Who is your mom? Who is your daddy?
How about the mother and father of Jesus?
Today is a special day, we celebrate Mother’s Day. And we are going to talk about Jesus’ mother on Earth.
- Seat in a circle and distribute printouts of the Mary of Nazareth booklet
- If there is only one copy, distribute every page of the book to the students, following the order in the circle. Or distribute each printout of the booklet Mary of Nazareth.
- Each child will read a passage of the booklet
Small groups discussions with predefined questions
What was the mission of Mary?
When Jesus’ body died, with whom did Mary live? Why not Joseph?
What did Mary do for the rest of her life after Jesus’ returned to the spiritual realm?
What Mary is doing in the spiritual realm?
Make Mother’s day cards!
Today we discussed “The life of Mary and her mission”
And learned that “Mary is a very special spirit, loving and caring. She was the earthly mother of Jesus, and dedicated her life following God’s law of helping and serving the needy.
She continues to do so until today, in the spiritual realm. Thank you Mary!”
Next week we will be talking about “Trust in God”
Hail Mary in the booklet ShorterVersionMaryOfNazareth.pdf