Growth Mindset + Power of Yet, Putting all together
At the end of this lesson children will have reviewed:
- Effort and persistence are key to success
- Keep trying is crucial but maybe we need to change strategies
- Brain is malleable and challenges make us find new connections in our brain
- Intelligence is not something you are born with but developed
- it’s not just about your brain. Persisting in the right things builds a strong character
Opening prayer and short round kids tell about their week
Game of persistence: Game Perspective
The mysterious world of neurons
Mojo puts it all together
- What are neurons? How do we make connections between them?
- What happened in the game we played earlier today? Did it get easier after trying a few times?
- does intelligence belong to the spirit or brain?
- Does knowledge die with my body?
- is knowledge something I keep forever?
- What do you think could have happened if Mojo gave up the school?
- Was Mojo open-minded and tried new things? Was it worth it?
- What can you do this week to make some new connections? Can we think about a goal?
Please check the ACTIVITIES section in Growth Mindset (Khan Academy) – SSSD – Youth and Kids Education (sssandiego.org)
We this series we learned :
Our brain is a muscle and challenges make it stronger. Mistakes ate great if we learn from them and persistence (power of yet) has also to do with building a stronger character!